Everything you need to know about our product install, setup steps, configuration and usage of various features
LIBRARIAN EDIT MENUS
This chapter contains a lot, so let’s break it down a bit.
After BANK functions are done with, we will check how to import banks to Librarian and how to save banks to HDD. There is also some helpful actions in the menu as well.
BANK EDIT menu overview
BANK EDIT MENU  is only accessible in the LIBRARIAN view.
There are different segments in the menu to keep functions in order:
- Request Patch Data…
- Store Patch Data…
- Sync Current Data from HW
- Push Current Data to HW
Functions above represents hardware to software and software to hardware specific commands.
- Save (Overwrite current bank)
- Save As…
- Refresh Folders
Functions above are HDD to librarian and librarian to HDD specific commands. Rest of the functions are not relevant to Librarian usage, and we will discuss them later in the manual.
Request PROGRAM Data from Hardware
Open BANK EDIT menu and select Request Patch Data…  item from the menu. This will open a sub menu, with different request options:
 from Active Slot to Plug-in GUI
- Requests temporary Program data from microKorg to the plug-in user interface.
 from Active Slot to Librarian
- Requests temporary Patch data from microKorg on plug-in user interface to active slot in the librarian view.
 from Currently Selected Location
- Requests Patch data from microKorg memory based on the currently selected Librarian slot.
 All Patches from Memory
- Requests all Programs from microKorg to Librarian.
Store PROGRAM Data to Hardware
Open BANK EDIT menu and select Store Patch Data…  item from the menu. This will open a sub menu, with different storing options:
 To Currently Selected Location
- Store selected librarian slot patch to hardware memory based on currently select slot number.
 All Current Patches to Hardware
- Store all patches from currently active Librarian list to microKorg memory.
TIP #6: You can toggle on Search filter on the Librarian and store search result patches to the hardware memory if you wish to do so! Just remember to make the lower list active before storing data.
TIP #7: Do not disturb the data flow while writing is in progress. Let it complete the write task and start your tweaks after it is finished.
Sync Data with HW
Sync Current Data from HW  will request the entire PROGRAM, Timbre 1 & Timbre 2 and System settings from the microKorg to the plug-in user interface. Same function is achieved with “SYNC DATA FROM HW” button.
Push Current Data to HW  will push your current plug-in user interface settings to the hardware temp memory. Same function is achieved with “PUSH DATA TO HW” button.
Save (Overwrite current bank)
Clicking Save  will overwrite your currently chosen bank in the Upper Librarian View. In this case we would overwrite “microKorg Soundbank.syx” permanently!
Open BANK EDIT MENU and select Save As…  to view available options:
 Standard MIDI (*.mid)
- Writes the current upper list bank as a Standard MIDI (*.mid) file to your HDD.
 microKxR Format (*.mkx)
- Writes the current upper list bank as a microKxR formatted (*.mkx) file to your HDD.
NOTE #1: Save your bank to Patches folder / sub-folder to view it in Patch Librarian.
NOTE #2: Set the bank name after selected option is chosen. Keep the name simple!
Open BANK EDIT MENU and choose Import…  to view options below
 Standard MIDI (*.mid)
- Import Standard MIDI files to Librarian. See notes below!
 SysEx (*.syx / *.mkx)
- Import System Exclusive / microKxR Editor mkx files to Librarian. See notes below!
 microKorg PRG (*.prg)
- Import microKorg Editor PRG files to Librarian. If you have microKorg Editor PRG banks in your archives, you can import the bank to our microKxR Editor!
NOTE #1: Librarian will only import data to librarian if the file contains Korg MS2000(R) / microKorg formatted Patches.
NOTE #2: Individual Patch import is not currently supported.
If you have made changes to the Patches folder outside the plug-in, you can click Refresh Folders  to reload the Patches folder content and rebuild the menu structures.
Register Plug-in… / REGISTERED
Indicates if the plug-in has not yet been or is registered. We covered this topic earlier in the user manual.
Open Data Folder
Open Data Folder  will open the data folder based on you OS. If you run macOS, different location is opened compared to Windows. See data location notes earlier in the manual!
About this Plug-in…
Opens About window. Click anywhere in the background to exit.
Librarian View Right Click menu
We are not done with Librarian functions yet. We still have right click menu functions to cover.
Right click in lower list only shows option to copy, whereas in upper list it has a lot more options because the upper list is our edit buffer like mentioned earlier.
Let’s dive into the details!
Lower list Right Click
Like mentioned above, there is only one option in the lower list, which is Copy. This will copy the right clicked librarian item to the clipboard.
Upper list Right Click
Upper list has a lot more options than the lower list because this is our “edit buffer” like mentioned earlier.
- Paste data from clipboard to chosen slot.
- Opens a new dialog to rename the patch in the librarian.
- Initializes the currently selected slot
[4.a] Temp from Hardware
- Gets current temp PROGRAM data from the hardware to selected slot.
[4.b] Program by Slot
- Gets data from hardware based on the selected librarian slot number.
This is it – You’ve got it all from the plug-in perspective.
If you have any questions about the product, you can reach us online from our website at
We are open for new feature requests, roses and surely, we would love to know if we’ve done something wrong as well!
If you would like to contribute and help our development work, head to our Ko-fi page and support us there – That would be super helpful and keep the business alive.