Everything you need to know about our product install, setup steps, configuration and usage of various features
LIBRARIAN EDIT MENUS
This chapter contains a lot, so let’s break it down a bit. When Librarian View is set to SINGLE BANK mode, Bank Edit menu contains different elements compared to MULTI BANK mode.
I.e., You can write SINGLE programs to a certain RAM bank in hardware, whereas in MULTI mode, there is only one destination available for data write.
We will cover SINGLE MODE functions from the menu first and compare those to MULTI MODE functions in the context.
After BANK functions are done with, we will check how to import banks to Librarian and how to save banks to HDD. There is also some helpful actions in the menu as well.
BANK EDIT menu overview
BANK EDIT MENU  is only accessible in the LIBRARIAN view. Bank Edit menu content varies based on the currently selected DATA MODE . We will cover Single Program Mode first with request and store functions and all of the other general functions as well. Multi Mode will follow after that.
There are different segments in the menu to keep functions in order:
- Request Patch / Multi Data…
- Store Patch / Multi Data…
- Sync Current Data from HW
- Push Current Multi to HW
Functions above represents hardware to software and software to hardware specific commands.
- Save (Overwrite current bank)
- Save As…
- Refresh Folders
Functions above are HDD to librarian and librarian to HDD specific commands. Rest of the functions are not relevant to Librarian usage, and we will discuss them later in the manual.
Request SINGLE Data from Hardware
Open BANK EDIT menu and select Request Patch Data…  item from the menu. This will open a sub menu, with different request options:
 from Active Slot to Plug-in GUI
- Requests temporary Single program data from Blofeld based on which slot is currently active on the plug-in – to the plug-in user interface.
 from Active Slot to Librarian
- Requests temporary Single program data from currently active part on plug-in user interface to active slot in the librarian view.
 from selected Program Slot
- Requests Patch data from Blofeld memory based on the currently selected Librarian slot.
 All Patches from BANK A … H (*)
- Requests all Single programs from currently selected location.
Store PATCH Data to Hardware
Open BANK EDIT menu and select Store Patch Data…  item from the menu. This will open a sub menu, with different storing options:
 To Currently Selected Slot of Bank
- Store selected librarian slot single program to hardware memory.
 All Current Patches to BANK A … H (*)
- Store all single programs from currently active Librarian list to currently selected destination in Blofeld.
TIP #6: You can toggle on Search filter on the Librarian and store search result patches to the hardware memory if you wish to do so! Just remember to make the lower list active before storing data.
TIP #7: Do not disturb the data flow while writing is in progress. Let it complete the write task and start your tweaks after it is finished.
Request MULTI Data from Hardware
When Librarian View is in MULTI MODE , open BANK EDIT menu and you can see that it has different items compared to SINGLE MODE. Select Request Multi Data…  item from the menu. This will open a sub menu, with different request options:
 from Temp Buffer to Plug-in GUI
- Requests temporary Multi data from the Blofeld memory buffer to the plug-in user interface.
 from Temp Buffer to Librarian
- Requests temporary Multi data from plug-in user interface to currently selected librarian slot.
 from Selected Program Slot
- Requests Multi data from hardware memory based on the currently selected Librarian slot.
 All Multis from Selected Bank
- Requests all Multi programs from Blofeld memory.
Store MULTI Data to Hardware
Open BANK EDIT menu and select Store MULTI Data…  item from the menu. This will open a sub menu, with different storing options:
 To Currently Selected Slot & Bank
- Store selected librarian slot multi to hardware memory.
 All Multis from Current Bank
- Store all Multis to Blofeld memory.
Sync Data with HW
Sync Current Data from HW  will request the entire Multi, Parts 1 … 16 and System settings from the Blofeld to the plug-in user interface. Same function is achieved with “SYNC DATA FROM HW” button.
Push Current Multi to HW  will push your current plug-in user interface settings to the hardware temp memory. Same function is achieved with “PUSH DATA TO HW” button.
Save (Overwrite current bank)
This option will overwrite your currently chosen bank in the Upper Librarian View. In this case we would overwrite “Factory 2012 Bank B.mid” permanently!
Open BANK EDIT MENU and choose Save As…  to view available options:
 Standard MIDI (*.mid)
- Writes the current upper list bank as a Standard MIDI (*.mid) file to your HDD.
 bloX Format (*.blo)
- Writes the current upper list bank as a bloX formatted (*.blo) file to your HDD.
NOTE #1: Save your bank to Patches folder / sub-folder to view it in Patch Librarian.
NOTE #2: Set the bank name after selected option is chosen. Keep the name simple!
Open BANK EDIT MENU and choose Import…  to view available options:
 Standard MIDI (*.mid)
- Import Standard MIDI files to Librarian. See notes below!
 SysEx (*.syx / *.blo / *.qxr / *.mqr)
- Import System Exclusive / bloX Editor / qXr Editor / microQxR Editor files to Librarian. See notes below!
NOTE #1: Librarian will only import data to librarian if the file contains Waldorf Blofeld / microQ / Q formatted banks.
NOTE #2: Individual Patch / individual Multi import is not currently supported.
If you have made changes to the Patches folder outside the plug-in, you can click Refresh Folders to reload the Patches folder content and rebuild the menu structures.
Other Helpful Things…
Some helpful actions and sources have been collected on this menu. Open BANK EDIT menu and choose Other Helpful Things …  to view the sub menu with following options:
 Open Data Folder
- Open Data Folder will open the data folder based on you OS. If you run macOS, different location is opened compared to Windows. See data location notes earlier in the manual!
 Open User Manual
- not available in this version!
 Open Support Ticket
- Opens your browser and sends you towards our ticket submission page. Report any bugs or feature request from Tickets page.
 Check for Updates
- Checks for available product updates from internet.
 DAW Setup Guides
- Opens your browser and sends you towards our knowledge base site for DAW Setup Guides.
Register Plug-in… / REGISTERED
Indicates if the plug-in has not yet been or is registered. We covered this topic earlier in the user manual.
About this Plug-in…
Opens About window. Click anywhere in the background to exit.
Librarian View Right Click menu
We are not done with Librarian functions yet. We still have right click menu functions to cover.
Right click in lower list only shows option to copy, whereas in upper list it has a lot more options because the upper list is our edit buffer like mentioned earlier.
Let’s dive into the details!
Lower list Right Click
Like mentioned above, there is only one option in the lower list, which is Copy. This will copy the right clicked librarian item to the clipboard.
Upper list Right Click
Upper list has a lot more options than the lower list because this is our “edit buffer” like mentioned earlier.
- Paste data from clipboard to chosen slot.
- Opens a new dialog to rename the item in the librarian.
- Initializes the currently selected slot
 Get DATA from..
[4.a] Plug-in (active patch)
- Gets currently active part data from the plug-in user interface to the selected slot.
[4.b] Hardware Edit Buffer
- Gets currently active part data from the hardware to selected slot.
[4.c] Hardware by Prog No.
- Gets data from hardware based on the selected librarian slot.
This is it – You’ve got it all from the plug-in perspective.
If you have any questions about the product, you can reach us online from our website at
We are open for new feature requests, roses and surely, we would love to know if we’ve done something wrong as well!
If you would like to contribute and help our development work, head to our Ko-fi page and support us there – That would be super helpful and keep the business alive.