Everything you need to know about our product install, setup steps, configuration and usage of various features
Thank you for your interest towards our Editor & Librarian software.
We built our Novation SN2X Editor to control Novation Nova II and Supernova II models over MIDI. Modern synths come up with an integration tool to hook your synth into DAW and we wanted to give this same opportunity to you as well. Connect MIDI input & output, Audio jack cables to mixing console / sound card and fire up your DAW to get started!
SN2X Editor User Manual contains instructions to get the plug-in installed and configured. Please read this manual through carefully.
Our company & product has nothing to do with Novation / Focusrite PLC.
If there is an issue with our product, open a support ticket in your account page.
You can find support details at the end of this document.
Support and updates are free for life to anyone who has bought the license from our store
What this product CAN do?
- Control your Novation Nova II / Supernova II series hardware synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from single SN2X plug-in instance.
- We added a bit more than 1900 parameters to the plugin (6 Nova II parts / 8 Supernova II parts) so the sound editing should be painless and quick task.
- Automate almost every CC parameter in your DAW.
- Easier to handle automations than trying to remember hundreds of #CC’s.
- Layer multiple patches to create massive leads or such.
- Mute, adjust levels, panning, outputs and such from the plugin, per channel.
- Parameters that are available for automation will be listed on your DAW. (Ableton Live and other DAWs sees our parameters, when parameter is touched).
- Total Recall of the sounds used when loading project containing our plug-in.
- All of the current parameters from the plugin will be sent to the hardwares temp memory up on project reload!
- Time saver when thinking about storing, naming and loading data from multiple hardwares per project.
- Plugin reacts to hardware knob movements and displays knob, menu and button values within the plugin display.
- Store banks to your Nova II / Supernova II-series from the librarian.
- Store patches to your Nova II / Supernova II-series from the librarian.
- Request banks from your Nova II / Supernova II-series to the librarian.
- Request patches from your Nova II / Supernova II-series to the librarian.
- Store requested or modified bank data to your own library (on your HDD).
- View & edit patch name in plug-in interface.
- View & edit category name in plug-in interface.
- Librarian supports MIDI and SysEx soundset formats across all Nova II / Supernova II, Nova and Supernova models.
- Select next or previous librarian patch from hardware.
- Select next or previous hardware patch from librarian.
- Move patches from one bank to another and save as you like.
- You can send patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- Download and import all of the Nova II / Supernova II / Nova and Supernova series soundsets in one folder for quick access through the plugin.
- Each part can have its own patch.
- Each part has its own parameters which you can automate from your DAW.
What this product CANNOT do?
- Transmit AUDIO. Audio must be routed with Audio Jack cables from the hardware to your console inputs or sound card inputs.
- Generate any audio. This product is an Editor for Novation Nova II / Supernova II Synthesizers.
- One of the following Novation Synthesizer:
- Novation Nova II Keyboard
- Novation Supernova II Rack
- Novation Supernova II Keyboard
- MIDI Interface that can handle System Exclusive messages. Cheap USB-MIDI cables does not work. ESI MIDIMATE EX is known to work on macOS and Windows platforms.
- macOS 10.7 or greater with 32/64-bit AudioUnit or VST2 host application.
- Windows XP or greater with 32/64-bit VST2 host application.
- At least FULL HD resolution on your display.
Available plug-in formats
Currently supported host applications
- Ableton Live
- Apple Logic
- Bitwig Studio
- Cockos Reaper
- Image Line Fruity Loops
- Presonus Studio One
- Reason Studio Reason
- Steinberg Cubase
- MOTU Digital Performer
- AVID Pro Tools
- Universal Audio Luna
We haven’t tested other hosts, but if your host can load the plug-in formats mentioned above, you shouldn’t have any issues loading our plug-in.
If there is an error with the plug-in on your host, let us know and we will make it work.
Downloading the product demo or updater
Anyone can download the demo version of our product and test it out, but only registered customers are entitled to download the free updater for their purchase. If you have purchased our product through another website and you have issues regarding to your account, contact us and our staff will attempt to reply within few hours.
User interface will show your product status in the upper left corner:
- DEMO version will indicate ** DEMO VERSION **
- Unregistered FULL version will indicate RELOAD LICENSE
- Registered FULL version will indicate REGISTERED
You can find instructions for plug-in registration further below.
Note #1: Always keep back-up of the downloaded installer at your own HDD. We are not storing old installers in our servers!
This is important if something goes wrong with the update, you have an installer in your personal storage to rescue your project if it really screws something up!
IMPORTANT NOTE PRIOR TO INSTALL:
Please make sure you make a proper backup of your Nova II / Supernova II before you run the installer. We will not take any responsibility for your synth and you have to agree to this when buying our product.
You can backup your Nova II easily with these simple steps:
- Open your DAW and insert empty MIDI track.
- Make sure MIDI messages are allowed to come through from Nova II.
- Hit record from your DAW.
- From Nova II:
- Press Global -> scroll to page “Sysex transmission” -> adjust value to “Total data” and click “MIDI” button to start transmission
- Wait until all of the data has been received
You can read more about the SysEx dump from the Novation Nova II / Supernova II user manual.
DOCUMENTS AND DATA LOCATIONS
If you have overwritten any of the included plug-in sound banks with a previous version of the plug-in, it is worth renaming those sound banks in order to prevent data overwrite once plug-in updater is executed.
Plug-in data / license folder is:
[macOS] /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/Novation SN2X Editor/ [Windows] ~Documents\Mystery Islands Music\Novation SN2X Editor
- Parameters cannot be automated from your DAW.
- Total Recall is disabled.
- Librarian Bank Edits cannot be saved.
- Librarian “Store Data to Hardware” is disabled.
- Demo cannot be registered.
Download the demo and run the installer. After you have installed the plug-in, open your DAW and let your host do the plug-in scan – If the scan fails, try again. If it simply won’t pass, send us the crash report.
Here is how we can quickly check what happened and why:
- Copy the error message / crash report content to a new text file and send it to us.
- Tell us how we can reproduce the issue on our end.
You can send the error report with instructions to us via our tickets page.
You can also find some solutions from the Troubleshooting section too.